Topic: Google groups
Replies: 55   Last Post: Aug 8, 2011 11:48 PM

Bill Dubuque

Re: Google groups

William Elliot <marsh@rdrop.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, fishfry wrote:
>>
>> You were vocal in one MSE thread ...

> I don't like it. For one thing it requires to much time to it figure out.

How can you "not like it" if you haven't even used it? As I said before,
your registration problems are easily solvable. Hundreds of thousands
of SE users have figured it out without difficulty.

>> For teaching and learning, perhaps. For discussing? No. Some of us are
>> neither active students nor active professionals. Sci.math used to be a
>> great venue for us; now it's not. But MSE is not a discussion forum ...

> My understanding of MSE is that it's not set up for discussions,
> threads that go on for a few replies until a conclusion arises.
>
> Is my understanding correct?

The SE software is designed primarily for Q&A. Discussions can be had
in comments on questions and answers, and in chatrooms. Many comment
thread "discussions" are indeed longer than a few replies.

Date Subject Author
6/29/11
Read Google groups
umumenu@gmail.com