Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 9:02 PM

cindy

From: Kansas
Registered: 5/14/06
Re: [ap-calculus] Tiny Wings

Holy Addictive Game, Batman! I read this post on Friday and decided to purchase it and check it out. I have been playing it way too much for the past 3 days.
I think it would be a very intriguing way to discuss max/min/increasing/decreasing. Perhaps the real advantage of using the game is the discussion of what makes a "perfect slide." After a little too much time playing the game, I believe the perfect slide happens when the bird lands on the point of inflection where the slope of the tangent line is greatest thus creating the most speed. I may try using it this year. Thank you, Dan, for the suggestion!
Cindy Couchman
KS