Topic: Can Simulink handle two interconnected discrete systems with
different sampling periods?

Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 14, 2011 9:35 PM

workaholic

Re: Can Simulink handle two interconnected discrete systems with

On 7?14?, ??2?47?, "Phil Goddard" <p...@modeling-simulation-
visualization.com> wrote:
> Simulink has no problem simulating multi-rate systems.
>
> To see this just connect a few Unit Delay blocks in series and give them different samples rates.
> Throw in a few Transport delay block too.
>
> Depending on the specifics of your model you may need to put Rate Transition blocks between the different rates.
>
> Finally, you may want to turn sample time colours on, using the Format->Sample Time Colors pull-down menu.
>
> Phil.

Thanks a lot.

I connected a discrete space model and a channel implemented by
SimEvent based on the example of 'simple hybrid system' (F-16 model).
But there is always a delay in the SimEvent system. although I set the
sampling period of the two systems to be equal. So I guess matlab
cannot handle two discrete systems. I need to look at my model more
closely.