Replies: 12   Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 5:23 PM

Robert Lewis

Re: [math-learn] Re: Lecture Isn't Effective: More Evidence #2
att1.html (20.8 K)

Bob Hansen:

Thank you for this marvelous essay! This is the best thing I have ever read on this subject.

I am not a physicist but started out in physics before switching to mathematics. I can only hope that there are some high schools left where physics is taught right (basically the old way). I hope that other nations in the world have not fallen into the horrible pattern you describe here, for mathematics and physics. Their resulting success might spur changes here.

Robert H. Lewis
Fordham University