Topic: Graphic object in foreground of uitable
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 6:00 AM

Martin

Re: Graphic object in foreground of uitable

"matt dash" wrote in message <j0se8p$ei9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Martin" wrote in message <j0ri2d$n9s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a GUI with an uitable and I want to "scratch out" columns or rows (as an animation)
> >
> > My idea was to create axes and plot lines at the corresponding points with the axis off.
> >
> > The problem is that the lines are in the background, covered by the table.
> > So my question is if there is a way to get these lines in in the foreground, in front of the table.
> >
> > Thank you, martin

> It can't be done using any documented function, and I'm unaware of a way to do it with undocumented functions. Perhaps you could cover it with a javacomponent, but you can't cover it with any normal matlab graphics object. It's possible that matlab annotation objects would stack above a uitable... i've never tried though.

Thanks for the answers
As I read in the documentation for uistack:
"Note: In a GUI, axes objects are always at a lower level than uicontrol objects. You cannot stack an axes object on top of a uicontrol object."

So I have to figure out another way how to " scratch out"
Maybe I "paint" my table data in axes ;-)