Topic: Graphic object in foreground of uitable
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jul 29, 2011 6:00 AM

Martin

Re: Graphic object in foreground of uitable

"matt dash" wrote in message <j0sh44$m3d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Martin" wrote in message <j0sgan$k95$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > > It can't be done using any documented function, and I'm unaware of a way to do it with undocumented functions. Perhaps you could cover it with a javacomponent, but you can't cover it with any normal matlab graphics object. It's possible that matlab annotation objects would stack above a uitable... i've never tried though.

> > Thanks for the answers
> > As I read in the documentation for uistack:
> > "Note: In a GUI, axes objects are always at a lower level than uicontrol objects. You cannot stack an axes object on top of a uicontrol object."
> >
> > So I have to figure out another way how to " scratch out"
> > Maybe I "paint" my table data in axes ;-)

> That might be your best option. If the table doesnt have to scroll it's pretty easy to make one out of text objects and lines. Scrolling or interactive tables are a bit trickier, though it can be done...

There is no scrolling but cell selection. This could be done with axes, too.
But I'm now checking another option:
I color the rows and colums that have to be scratched out with html support - Doesn't look very professionally but ok for the intended purpose.
Maybe I test it with axes, too.