Topic: Re: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in Program to
Aid Minority Youth

Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 5, 2011 4:52 PM

Ann Murray

Re: # of Preps
att1.html (8.0 K)

Three here as well - in the union contract I believe.

Ann
Dover High School
On Aug 4, 2011 9:58 PM, "Roberta M. Eisenberg" <bobbi@alumni.nd.edu> wrote:
> In NYC, it is three with no more than three classes in a row.
>
> Bobbi E.
>
> On Aug 4, 2011, at 2:50 PM, William Wickes wrote:
>

>> What is the normal amount of preps that most high school teachers are
given ?...Bill

On Behalf Of Korot Melissa

On Behalf Of msedfun@aol.com
>> Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 11:44 AM
>> To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
>> Subject: Re: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in

Program to Aid Minority Youth

>> Anybody want to try their hand at second guessing the state?
>>
>> I go for geometry, alg2trig, English, biology, and earth science. Maybe

American History too.

>> Tzippy

training in Albany that the state had accepted the donation to provide the
January Regents exams. He also stated that not every exam may be given and
that APDA will go into overdrive to make decisions about which exams will be
given and to prepare the exams.

>> Eric
>>
>> Eric Blask
>> Director of Mathematics
>> Greece Central Schools
>> (585)-966-2437
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is from the Office of Math within

the Greece Central School District. The message and any attachments may be
confidential or privileged and are intended only for the individual or
entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or
if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized
to read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachments, we ask that
you please delete this message and any attachments and notify the sender by
return email or by the number listed above.

>> On Aug 4, 2011, at 11:26 AM, msedfun@aol.com wrote:
>>

>> There is an article that speaks about the 1.5 million dollars in

donations that Bloomberg "raised" in order to reinstate the January Regents.
I think it was self-service. Imagine what the drop-out rate would go to if
the January Regents were eliminated!

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/144276/january-regents-exams-saved-by-private-fundraising

>> Tzippy

even something as important as education. Seems that would open a whole can
of worms. I know our local school board has to approve of any donation, even
$100 for library books.

nyselmath@mathforum.org>; nysmsmath <nysmsmath@mathforum.org>
>> Sent: Thu, Aug 4, 2011 5:39 am
>> Subject: Fwd: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in

Program to Aid Minority Youth

>> Someone earlier was wondering whether he had gotten $ for Jan Regents.

This article, while interesting, does not mention Regents.

>> Bobbi E
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>

>> From: "NYTimes.com News Alert" <nytdirect@nytimes.com>
>> Date: August 3, 2011 9:06:17 PM EDT
>> To: bobbi@alumni.nd.edu
>> Subject: News Alert: Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in

Program to Aid Minority Youth

>> Breaking News Alert
>> The New York Times
>> Wednesday, August 3, 2011 -- 9:03 PM EDT
>> -----
>>
>> Bloomberg Investing $30 Million of His Money in Program to Aid Minority

Youth

>> The administration of Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, in a blunt

acknowledgment that thousands of young black and Latino men are cut off from
New York?s civic, educational and economic life, plans to spend nearly $130
million on far-reaching measures to improve their circumstances.

>> The program, the most ambitious policy push of Mr. Bloomberg?s third

term, would overhaul how the government interacts with a population of about
315,000 New Yorkers who are disproportionately undereducated, incarcerated
and unemployed.

>> To pay for the endeavor in a time of fiscal austerity, the city is

relying on an unusual source: Mr. Bloomberg himself, who intends to use his
personal fortune to finance about a quarter of the cost, city officials
said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/nyregion/new-york-plan-will-aim-to-lift-minority-youth.html?emc=na

>> About This E-Mail
>> You received this message because you are signed up to receive breaking

news alerts from NYTimes.com.

>> To unsubscribe, change your e-mail address or to sign up for daily

headlines or other newsletters, go to: