Topic: GUI and real time simulation of Simulink model
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Dan Lluch

Re: GUI and real time simulation of Simulink model

"lktuematsu " <lktuematsu@gmail.com> wrote in message <j2ajvp$pk4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi eveybody,
>
> im relative new to matlab/simulink/stateflow and i've created a model of a car in simulink.
>
> Inputs here are for example the angle of the gas pedal and the gradiente of the street.
> Outputs are mainly the position, speed and acceleration of the car.
>
> Now i would like to create an interface just like the ones from LabView, where i can change the values of the inputs and see the effects on the outputs of the car. For example i may increase the gradient of the street and maintain the gas pedal constant, and i would like to see how the acceleration/speed/position of the car changes.
>
> However i need to simulate it im real time!

Sounds like you just need to slow down the Simulation for user input or simply to see the outputs in a more realistic time scale. For that, MathWorks has the Aerospace Blockset Pace Block (http://www.mathworks.com/help/releases/R2011a/toolbox/aeroblks/simulationpace.html) , and there are numerous submissions on MATLAB Central around pacing simulink execution.

If you are hooking up real car pedals, etc then some hardware connectivity would be needed and there are other capabilities available for that, and dependent on what sort of 'real-time' you require.