Topic: Re: Cataloging apps for Finder files? (Mathematica notebooks especially)
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Didier laplot

Re: Cataloging apps for Finder files? (Mathematica notebooks especially)

DEVONthink Pro Office. I have been using this to catalog files on my
hard drive for the last few years and find it irreplaceable. It
imports and indexes many kinds of files, including text, pdf, images,
etc. It creates database files and the interface can display any
number of simultaneously open catalogues. The indexed files can be
shown in the finder at their location on the drive, opened with a
preferred application, in addition to being displayed in a bottom pane
by the application itself. There is of course the usual set of
features associated with such programs: use of keywords, tagging by
color, etc.
This is a purely Mac program unfortunately, there is no Windows or
Linux version. This is the only application that is preventing me from
leaving the Mac platform while it is still time (but 10.7 Lion is
already here !) and leaving Apple craziness behind.

All the best.