Topic: Real-time scrolling plots
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 4:58 PM

Ralph Schleicher

Re: Real-time scrolling plots

"Alan " <mannin2@interchange.ubc.ca> writes:

> I have some data from a simulation that I'd like to plot as the
> simulation is running. I want to have the plot always show the last
> ~20s or so, which means that it would appear to be scrolling sideways
> as new data is added on the right and old data disappears on the
> left. Does anyone know if this sort of thing has already been done? I
> poked around on the file exchange but didn't come up with anything. I
> could write something myself, but it would likely be much sloppier
> (and slower) than something done by a pro.

I've done something similar in the past for 3D visualization of
simulation results. See, for example, my demo at
<http://www.ralph-schleicher.de/pub/matlab/slui/slui-2008-08-30.zip>.
It shouldn't be too hard to adapt the code for a (y,t) plot.

--
Ralph Schleicher <http://ralph-schleicher.de>

Development * Consulting * Training
Mathematical Modeling and Simulation