The Math Forum

Topic: question regarding clustergram
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 6, 2011 4:11 PM

James

Re: question regarding clustergram

Hi ImageAnalyst,

Thanks for your email. Please see below for the version of toolboxes.

MATLAB Version 7.12 (R2011a)
Bioinformatics Toolbox Version 3.8 (R2011a+)
Statistics Toolbox Version 7.5 (R2011a)

Sorry that I don't even know how to paste picture here. But if you type "doc clustergram" in matlab, the last picture (heamap and dendrogram of a matrix with 614 rows (genes) and 7 columns (samples)), you see that the first 5 samples have one color in the bar between the heatmap and dendrogram, the other 7 samples have the same color, because the samples were clustered that way. What I want is really simple: If I assume among the 7 samples, sample 1,3,5 are control and samples 2,4,6,7 are treated, I want to create a similar horizontal bar between the heatmap and the dendrogram where samples 1,3,5 have one color and samples 2,4,6,7 have another color, regardless of how different samples are clustered together.

Thanks,

-James