Topic: permission on mdce
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 11:06 PM

laoya

Re: permission on mdce

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <j7shlt$s7p$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Haoran Xu" <haoran.x@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to setup a cluster of computers within local network running
> > win7 64 system and Matlab R2011b. But when I run admincenter.bat to add
> > hosts into it, all the remote computer were not reachable. The error said
> > "Error on machine 10.10.170.101:
> > Unable to install the MDCS Remote Execution Service on host
> > "10.10.170.101", which is required for managing the MDCE service.
> > You do not have sufficient permissions to create services on this host.
> > You must be a member of the Administrators group on "10.10.170.101".
> > Output from sc.exe:
> >
> > [SC] OpenSCManager FAILED 5:
> >
> > Access is denied.
> > "
> > But, I have the same username and password in all these connected
> > computers.

> Are you a member of the Administrators group on all these machines? In
> particular, are you a member of the Administrators group on host
> 10.10.170.101 as called out by the error message?
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi Haoran,

Your problem can be solved by the following steps:
1) start->accessories->Command Prompt;
2) mdce uninstall
3) mdce install
4) Computer->Manage->Services and Applications->Services->Matlab Distributed Computing Server->Properties->Log On->Log on as This account
and then fill your account name and password.
5) in command window:
mdce start

It should be work with your username.

Dear all,

I have another problem: I have successfully run matlab on distributed machines:
1) jm1= findResource('scheduler', 'type','jobmanager','name','job1','LookupURL','192.168.1.2');

2) job1 = createJob(jm1);

3) set(job1,'FileDependencies', {'Generate_Task.m'});

4) createTask(job1,@Calculate_Task,1,{Induction,1});
5) submit(job1);
6) waitForState(job1,'finished');

The code 'Generate_Task.m' can run on other machines.

However, in the code the following line can't run successfully (the external execute
program didn't run at all):
!""D:\test\external_program.exe""

I have tested that without distributed running, this line is OK.
Could anyone help me to take a look at it?

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang