Topic: permission on mdce
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 11:06 PM

laoya

Re: permission on mdce

"laoya " <20959284@qq.com> wrote in message <j80f97$rgo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <j7shlt$s7p$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >

> > "Haoran Xu" <haoran.x@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi!
> > > I'm trying to setup a cluster of computers within local network running
> > > win7 64 system and Matlab R2011b. But when I run admincenter.bat to add
> > > hosts into it, all the remote computer were not reachable. The error said
> > > "Error on machine 10.10.170.101:
> > > Unable to install the MDCS Remote Execution Service on host
> > > "10.10.170.101", which is required for managing the MDCE service.
> > > You do not have sufficient permissions to create services on this host.
> > > You must be a member of the Administrators group on "10.10.170.101".
> > > Output from sc.exe:
> > >
> > > [SC] OpenSCManager FAILED 5:
> > >
> > > Access is denied.
> > > "
> > > But, I have the same username and password in all these connected
> > > computers.

> > Are you a member of the Administrators group on all these machines? In
> > particular, are you a member of the Administrators group on host
> > 10.10.170.101 as called out by the error message?
> >
> > --
> > Steve Lord
> > slord@mathworks.com
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> > http://www.mathworks.com

> Hi Haoran,
>
> Your problem can be solved by the following steps:
> 1) start->accessories->Command Prompt;
> 2) mdce uninstall
> 3) mdce install
> 4) Computer->Manage->Services and Applications->Services->Matlab Distributed Computing Server->Properties->Log On->Log on as This account
> and then fill your account name and password.
> 5) in command window:
> mdce start
>
> It should be work with your username.
>

> Dear all,
>
> I have another problem: I have successfully run matlab on distributed machines:
> 1) jm1= findResource('scheduler', 'type','jobmanager','name','job1','LookupURL','192.168.1.2');
>
> 2) job1 = createJob(jm1);
>
> 3) set(job1,'FileDependencies', {'Generate_Task.m'});
>
> 4) createTask(job1,@Calculate_Task,1,{Induction,1});
> 5) submit(job1);
> 6) waitForState(job1,'finished');
>
> The code 'Generate_Task.m' can run on other machines.
>
> However, in the code the following line can't run successfully (the external execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> program didn't run at all):
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> !""D:\test\external_program.exe""
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I have tested that without distributed running, this line is OK.
> Could anyone help me to take a look at it?
>

> Thanks,
> Zhanghong Tang

Dear all,

The external program execute problem is solved, it is the path problem. Now I have another problem:

in the external program, I have the following Fortran code:
open(11,file=trim(path)//'thread.txt')
nthread=omp_get_num_threads()
call omp_set_num_threads(2)
write(11,*)'before set, nthread=',nthread
write(11,*)'after set, nthread=',omp_get_num_threads()
close(11)

However, the output file "thread.txt" shows that the setting of number threads doesn't work. When I run the matlab function 'Calculate_Task' without 'createTask', the Fortran code to set number of threads works. Could anyone tell me how to let the Fortran code work with 'createTask'?

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang