Topic: Implementation Timeline Change for CCLS
Replies: 25   Last Post: Oct 18, 2012 4:27 PM

reuterg@canandaiguaschools.org

RE: Implementation Timeline Change for CCLS
att1.html (12.3 K)

If there is a change in the Implementation Timeline, it is not at EngageNY at this time.

George Reuter
Mathematics Teacher, Canandaigua Academy
President, NYS Mathematics League
President, Monroe County Math League
Coach, Upstate NY Math Team
Problem Author, Math Olympiads for Elementary Schools & MathMeets.com
Adjunct Lecturer, SUNY Geneseo
Father of 6
Husband of 1
>>> Patricia Thompson <pthompson@cmschools.org> 10/18/2012 2:11 PM >>>

I heard that the implementation of the Common Core has been postponed again. Has anyone heard anything definitive on this?
Thanks
Tricia ThompsonFrom: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] on behalf of Iva Jean Tennant [tennantij@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:49 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: Implementation Timeline Change for CCLS

June 2012 and 2013 algebra tests based on current NY standards but the common core not tested in algebra until 2014 but of course this is a draft and could change but Ken S, deputy commissioner said that they would not move the date sooner but has to be approved by the board of regents
We did express concerns that everyone was going crazy with the changes and that unless something has been passed, that it should say draft and have a disclaimer that it is not set in stone.

Iva Jean Tennant
President of AMTNYS
Past President of AMTST