The Math Forum

Topic: (fsolve) + (Scaling): Possibly Simple Problem - Urgent Help Needed
Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 2:25 PM

Mark Shore

Re: (fsolve) + (Scaling): Possibly Simple Problem - Urgent Help Needed

"Roger Stafford" wrote in message <j9f74m$gkv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Mark Shore" wrote in message <j9f4tc$ab2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Alaa Elwany" <alaa_elwany@yahoo.com> wrote in message <j9enqn$r4o$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > x1 = A / (B^x2 + C^x2)
> > Without taking anything away from Rogers's comment, why two constants B and C when they could be replaced by a single constant (= B + C)?
> Mark, B^x2+C^x2 and (B+C)^x2 are usually not equal.
>
> Roger Stafford

Aggh... of course not. I originally read this on a small iPhone screen and it looked like B*X2 + C*X2. (I _was_ wondering about it, but not enough it seems.)

Embarrassingly there is no way to correct my original comment.