Topic: Calculators on Regents exam
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 17, 2012 12:16 PM

Morse, Dana

RE: RE: Calculators on Regents exam

In response to this message about calculators giving Simplest Radical Form Results, none of the TI numeric graphing calculators give simplest radical from solutions.

Simplest Radical Form solutions are found on our CAS (Computer Algebra System) calculators. Those models are not accepted on NYS Regents Exams as they do symbolic manipulation which the NYS Department of Education has restrictions on.

The numeric graphing calculators from Texas Instruments that are acceptable to use on a NYS Mathematics Regents Exam include:
TI-83+
TI-84+ and TI-84+ Silver Edition
TI-Nspire
TI-Nspire CX

Again- the memory should be disabled for exams and the recommended method is the Press-to-Test for TI-84+ and TI-Nspire family of handhelds.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
Upstate New York and Long Island
Educational Technology Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated
(315) 730-9858
1-800-TI-CARES

Find NYS Regents Test Prep at:
www.education.ti.com/newyork

Your Passion. Our Technology. Student Success. ?