Topic: special character size
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 6:27 AM

Dushan Mitrovich

Re: special character size

Tomas Garza wrote:
> I just tried your experiment in my PC with Mathematica 8.0.4 running
> under Windows Vista. The results were as expected: the first cell(input)
> was in 12 point Courier, and the three text cells (in Times New Roman)
> printed (in my Lex mark injet printer) exactly as formatted: 12 point,
> 11 point and 10 point. Each of them had some text ("this is a text")
> and included the expression typed in the input cell (Sin[theta]
> Exp[-theta], where theta is in Greek). I couldn't detect anything
> wrong with it. Perhaps you could describe in detail the formatting
> steps you used. I think the magnification has nothing to do with the
> problem.
> -Tomas

I think you're right about the magnification being irrelevant. It looks
like it's a Mac-specific problem, then. In the trivial test notebook I
used, all I did for the three Text Cells was to select each (separately)
by its bracket then, using the Font window (Cmd-t) pick
a font size, 10, 11, or 12 pt. Then I printed the results. Couldn't be
much simpler.

One problem with on-screen font-size differences is that different
typefaces have inherently different sizes. But this is a separate issue.

- Dushan