This call for industrial presentations is specifically targeted to those of you who either work on industrial projects (possibly Ada-related) where reliable software is important, or know people working on such projects.
Consider what others might learn from the experience gained in those projects, and please try to get a presentation overview submitted by January 12th at the latest, i.e. four weeks from now.
Many projects could report a lot of valuable experience: sharing it with others benefits the whole community and might provide useful feedback to the project as well.
We're looking forward to receiving many interesting presentations.
General Information ------------------- The 17th International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe 2012 will take place in Stockholm, Sweden. Following its traditional style, the conference will span a full week, including, from Tuesday to Thursday, three days of parallel scientific, technical and industrial programs, along with parallel tutorials and workshops on Monday and Friday.
Call for Industrial Presentations --------------------------------- In addition to the usual Call for Papers, the conference also seeks industrial presentations which deliver value and insight, but may not fit the selection process for regular papers.
Schedule -------- 12 January 2012: Submission of industrial presentation proposals 3 February 2012: Notification of acceptance to all authors 11 May 2012: Industrial presentations required
Submission of Presentations --------------------------- Authors of industrial presentations are invited to submit a short overview (at least 1 page in size) of the proposed presentation by January 12, 2012. Please use the EasyChair conference system at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adaeurope2012 . The Industrial Committee will review the proposals and make the selection.
The authors of selected presentations shall prepare a final short abstract and submit it by May 11, 2012, aiming at a 20-minute talk. The authors of accepted presentations will be invited to submit corresponding articles for publication in the Ada User Journal, which will host the proceedings of the Industrial Program of the Conference. For any further information please contact the Industrial Chair directly.
Awards ------ In addition to the award for best regular paper, Ada-Europe will also offer an honorary award for the best presentation, considering both regular and industrial presentations.
Call for Exhibitors ------------------- The commercial exhibition will span the three days of the main conference. Vendors and providers of software products and services should contact the Conference Chair for information and for allowing suitable planning of the exhibition space and time.
Conference Topics ----------------- The conference has successfully established itself as an international forum for providers, practitioners and researchers into reliable software technologies. The conference presentations will illustrate current work in the theory and practice of the design, development and maintenance of long-lived, high-quality software systems for a variety of application domains. The program will allow ample time for keynotes, Q&A sessions, panel discussions and social events. Participants will include practitioners and researchers representing industry, academia and government organizations active in the promotion and development of reliable software technologies.
To mark the completion of the technical work for the Ada 2012 standard revision process, contributions that discuss the potential of the revised language are sought after. In parallel, facing the challenges presented to the development of reliable concurrent software, multicore programming models is added to the conference topics of interest.
Topics of interest to this edition of the conference include but are not limited to:
- Multicore Programming Models: Reliable Parallel Software, Parallel Execution of Ada Programs, Compositional Parallelism Models, Performance Modelling, Deterministic Debugging.
- Real-Time and Embedded Systems: Real-Time Software, Architecture Modeling, HW/SW Co-Design, Reliability and Performance Analysis.
- Theory and Practice of High-Integrity Systems: Distribution, Fault Tolerance, Security, Reliability, Trust and Safety, Languages Vulnerabilities.
- Software Architectures: Design Patterns, Frameworks, Architecture- Centered Development, Component and Class Libraries, Component-based Design and Development.
- Methods and Techniques for Software Development and Maintenance: Requirements Engineering, Object-Oriented Technologies, Model-driven Architecture and Engineering, Formal Methods, Re-engineering and Reverse Engineering, Reuse, Software Management Issues.
- Enabling Technologies: Compilers, Support Tools (Analysis, Code/Document Generation, Profiling), Run-time Systems, Distributed Systems, Ada and other Languages for Reliable Systems.
- Software Quality: Quality Management and Assurance, Risk Analysis, Program Analysis, Verification, Validation, Testing of Software Systems.
- Mainstream and Emerging Applications: Manufacturing, Robotics, Avionics, Space, Health Care, Transportation, Energy, Games and Serious Games, etc.
- Experience Reports: Case Studies and Comparative Assessments, Management Approaches, Qualitative and Quantitative Metrics.
- The Future of Ada: New language features, implementation and use issues; positioning in the market and in education; where should Ada stand in the software engineering curriculum; lessons learned on Ada Education and Training Activities with bearing on any of the conference topics.
Industrial Committee -------------------- Ahlan Marriott, White-Elephant GmbH, Switzerland Alok Srivastava, TASC Inc, USA Dirk Craeynest, Aubay Belgium & K.U.Leuven, Belgium Erik Wedin, Saab, Sweden Hubert Keller, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH, Germany Ian Broster, Rapita Systems, UK Ismael Lafoz, Airbus Military, Spain Jamie Ayre, AdaCore, France Jean-Loup Terraillon, European Space Agency, The Netherlands Jean-Pierre Rosen, Adalog, France Jørgen Bundgaard, Rovsing A/S, Denmark Paolo Panaroni, Intecs, Italy Paul Parkinson, Wind River, UK Rod Chapman, Altran Praxis Ltd, UK Rod White, MBDA, UK