Topic: Cardinality: revisited.
Replies: 12   Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 2:26 PM

Re: Cardinality: revisited.

In article
Zuhair <zaljohar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I shall re-iterate one of my older definitions of Cardinality:
> The cardinality of any set x is the set of all sets that are
> equinumerous to x and hereditarily subnumerous to x.

Doesn't this run into the "set of all sets" problem? By your definition,
a cardinal is a proper class, which makes using cardinals technical and

That's why the traditional (ZF) approach is to choose a canonical set to
represent each cardinality, rather than using the class of all
bijectively equivalents sets.