Topic: PDE Toolbox
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 12:09 PM

srao Rao

Re: PDE Toolbox

Torsten <Torsten.Hennig@umsicht.fraunhofer.de> wrote in message <c8f3f432-0339-4208-9ea7-13f72dcbefb9@z25g2000vbs.googlegroups.com>...
> On 4 Jan., 07:23, "Sashankh Rao" <sashankh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using the pde toolbox to solve elliptic pdes for a temperature distribution. I need to fix the temperature at certain nodes and use them as boundary conditions. However, I am not able to do this using the toolbox. Is there any way of specifying the temperature at a given node using the command prompt perhaps? Thanks
>
> What about making small circular holes in the geometry with a fixed
> temperature at the
> circular boundary for the positions where you want to fix the
> temperature ?
> This will waste some grid cells to mesh the circles adequately, but it
> does what you want.
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your suggestion. I actually have two domains separated by an interface. I solve for temperature in the first domain and use the interface values as boundary conditions to solve for temperature in the second domain. Hence I will have multiple nodes at which the temperature must be specified and need to automate the process. Further the temperature at each node is not the same on the interface.

I agree with your idea of creating circular holes. That should work out. For this case I was wondering if there could be any other way of specifying the temperature? Thank you for your time.

Sashankh