Topic: Re: "Towards an effective public school system for US" Was: "Live
Demo..."

Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Richard Strausz

Wayne wrote (in part):

> ...Some of the common features (of successful schools)? To start with, real school matters;
> i.e., knowledgeable teachers with enforced schoolwide
> discipline, grade-level instruction with corresponding initial placement of
> transfer students and retention and/or early
> promotion of existing
> students, genuine teaching as opposed to excessive
> discovery, to name
> a few. The ed industry criticism is (among others)
> that such
> examples are anecdotal. My contention is that
> without identification
> of the schools involved, "evidence" is filtered
> through the mind of
> the "researcher". Up to and including (documented)
> outright
> fabrication. Thanks for asking,
>
> Wayne
>
> PS: Once again, I believe (as do you) our friend
> does not have a
> single example a real school even in India let alone
> the US.

The initial paragraph you wrote would be an example of the things that an interested person could put into GS's OPMS. I might disagree with a few but that isn't the point.

Concerning your PS: think of what GS has done is creating a tool like Excel or a database. It isn't realistic to presume that the developer of Excel would analyze financial data in a case. That is up to the user.

Richard