Topic: change the form of the ans prompt?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 3:39 PM

Uwe Brauer

Re: change the form of the ans prompt?

Doug Schwarz <see@sig.for.address.edu> wrote in message <uKCUq.1620$1B1.487@newsfe14.iad>...
> On 1/27/2012 2:00 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > when I type

> > the matlab prompt gives me
> >
> > x=
> >
> > 5
> >
> > I find this very disturbing.
> >
> > I would much prefer to have
> >
> > x=5
> >
> > all in the same line! is there any variable which I could use to obtain
> > the setting I want?
> >
> > thanks
> > Uwe Brauer

> Uwe,
>
> You can overload the display method for the double class and make it do
> anything you want. To do this, create a directory "@double" and put it
> inside a directory that is on your path (do not put @double on the
> path). Then create display.m inside @double. In display.m you can
> define any behavior you want, but beware! It's trickier than you might
> think to get this right. You have to handle scalars and matrices of any
> size. Good luck.

Doug
Thanks for the instructions. I just searched in my matlab directories, display.m and it seems that each toolbox has its own display.m.

What is the best one to start?

I basically use Matlab ode functions, or write up my own ode alg.

Uwe