Topic: Digitalizing Files
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 1:24 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: Digitalizing Files

You could try your school copy machine. Ours are networked and I have been sending myself copies and scanned diagrams and such so I can display them easily. Scanning them is essentially the same as running them through the copier.

There are lots of OCR programs out there but I didn't have much luck with them and haven't used them in some time.

Neal

________________________________

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org on behalf of chatelaine24@aol.com
Sent: Mon 1/30/2012 6:59 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Digitalizing Files

I have been teaching for 15 years and have accumulated a lot of worksheets, review games, conference ideas, etc. The paper files are getting a bit overwhelming. Does anyone know of an easy/good way to go digital? I have a scanner, but it seems like a lot of work. Also, what about editing these files once they are a computer document? Thanks for your input.
Jill
*
*