Topic: Integration of O() terms of the Taylor series
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 9:45 AM

ganesh

Re: Integration of O() terms of the Taylor series

Apologies for the display of some of the variables in the equation.
Reposting it.

Hello,
I have two functions say f1(?) and f2(?) as follows:

f1(?)=1/(a?^2) + 1/(b?) + O(1) ... (1)

and

f2(?)= c+d?+O(?^2) ... (2)

where ? = ?-? and a,b,c,d and ? are constants. Eq. (1) and (2) are
the
Taylor series expansions of f1(?) and f2(?) about ? respectively. I
need to integrate f1(?) and f2(?) with respect to ? (-1,1).
Integration is straight forward for all the terms except O(1) and
O(?^2) in (1) and (2) respectively. How do I proceed here to
integrate
the O() terms? If anyone can guide me on this it will be extremely
helpful. Many thanks for the help.
Regards,
N.