Topic: Wickham-Jones ExtendGraphics for OS X?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 6:44 AM

Patrick Scheibe

Re: Wickham-Jones ExtendGraphics for OS X?

Hi Murray,

yes, the gcc complains about the code produced by mprep, but this is a
warning only and no error [1]. On my MacBook I get the same warning,
when I use gcc, still the MathLink program runs fine.

Did you check to start the the "image" program from the command-line and
give it a link-name like "blub" and try to install this link by

lnk = Install[LinkConnect["blub"]]

inside Mathematica? If this runs, then your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is maybe
not usable inside Mathematica. In this case you have to create/adjust
your ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file so that GUI-programs like
Mathematica have a correct DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. See here [2] how to do
that.

Cheers
Patrick

[1] You may know the famous joke:
A guy is standing on the corner of the street smoking one cigarette
after another. A lady walking by notices him and says
"Hey, don't you know that those things can kill you? I mean, didn't you
see the giant warning on the box?!"
"That's OK" says the guy, puffing casually "I'm a computer programmer"
"So? What's that got to do with anything?"
"We don't care about warnings. We only care about errors."

[2]
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPRuntimeConfig/Articles/EnvironmentVars.html