Topic: Atheism - Contradiction in Logic
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 2:10 PM

Brian Chandler

Re: Atheism - Contradiction in Logic

Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> BroilJAB <DesignDenier@wmconnect.com> writes:
>

> > The atheist says there is no god. But, this atheist
> > belief is a logical contradiction, because the atheist
> > can not prove the negative claim. It is a both a
> > fallacy to claim, as well as a failed belief system.

> That's a solid argument, that is.
>
> In fact, you've convinced me. Using the same argument, I've deduced
> that the Easter bunny, Santa Claus and the Mad Hatter also exist.

Well, they must exist, or you couldn't talk about them. If you think
of something that *really* doesn't exist, such as the non-abelian
group of order four, then you can't talk about it, can you. Come to
think of it, I grew up in England, where I don't think the Easter
Bunny does exist -- or at least I've never heard of it.

Brian Chandler