Topic: John D'Errico
Replies: 18   Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 9:54 AM

Bjorn Gustavsson

Re: John D'Errico

tristram.scott@ntlworld.com (Tristram Scott) wrote in message <jjvi49$eft$1@dont-email.me>...
> Matt J <mattjacREMOVE@thisieee.spam> wrote:
> [snip]

> > If you have any copies of those files of your own, you could repost a
> > .zip of them on the FEX, but not take credit for them. You could call it
> > "Mark Mikofski's John D'Errico Collection" or something like that. If other
> > people do the same, they would become available again, with a little bit of
> > searching...

> No, I don't think so. The code is John's and if he chooses to no longer
> have it available, respect his decision.

I have tho utmost respect for John, his decision to remove his contributions from the file exchange, but I have so much respect for him that I also respect his intelligence to understand, and agree to, the license conditions he made those contributions available to everyone. That license agreement explicitly allows redistribution with and without modification - meaning that this code is free in the GNU sense of free, not just free as long as the author so wishes.

My 5 pence on the topic, for what it's worth.
Bjeorn