Topic: Question related to "Foundations of Mathematics"
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 2, 2012 1:00 PM

Stuart M Newberger

Re: Question related to "Foundations of Mathematics"

On Mar 10, 10:20 am, mv_Cristi <mv_cri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I made up it, I didn't find anything about it, so I need help.
> The question is: How do different set theories handle the following
> definition?
> U := {x : (x belongs_to A) and ( Not(A is_included_in Powerset(
> EmptySet)) )}
> If possible in the set theory, require (A is_set). But it doesn't
> really matter.
> The set U is interesting for some reasons.
> The answer will help me a lot in my PhD. research.
> Thank You.

Hello , U = A unless A is either emp (the empty set) or the set {empt}
whose only element is emp in which case U=emp . What do you wish to
know ? smn