Topic: Taking Calc AB as a junior and BC as a senior??
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 10:38 PM

Meg Clemens

RE: Taking Calc AB as a junior and BC as a senior??

In many schools this is completely normal. My own daughter did this with BC as independent study her senior year since we only offer AB and not BC. They get credit. They can take the BC exam.

Heads up on the audit though, if the transcript will say AP Calculus BC, you will need to complete the audit if you haven't been approved yet. If this is an existing course, then it's easy.

Meg Clemens
Canton NY

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Joanne Albino
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:31 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Taking Calc AB as a junior and BC as a senior??

Hi All,
Currently we have a junior who took precalc over the summer and is now in Calc AB. He wants to take Calc BC next year. Is this allowed? If anyone has had a student do this, please let me know if you awarded credit for the BC course since half of the material has already been learned in AB. Also, can a student take the AP exam for BC after they already took the exam for Calc AB?
Thanks for your feedback!
Joanne Albino
Sachem HS East
*