Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 3:53 AM

Wes Loewer

Re: [ap-calculus] Pearson Textbooks for International Schools

On 3/31/2012 7:46 PM, Allison Mackay wrote:
> Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I teach at an international school
> in West Africa. We are trying to order the new edition FDWK Calc
> books(the ones we have are really old) and they have just told us they
> are not available for international use.
>
> Have any other international schools had this problem? Does anyone
> know of a Pearson rep who might be able to help? As far as I know
> they would just need to be sent to a U.S. address and then we ship
> them overseas through our own company.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Allison Mackay
> Rain Forest International School

We had the exact same problem with Glencoe/McGraw-Hill a couple of years
ago. We wanted to purchase the Smith-Minton Calculus text and they told
us they could not sell to us since we were international, even if the
books were shipped to a US address. Other companies directed us to
whomever had the international distribution rights, but Glencoe just
said no. Strange industry ("Here, take our money. We like your product
and we want to buy it." "No.").

Here in Kenya, Pearson operates under the name Longman. The Pearson
Southern Africa site (www.longmanafrica.co.za) has a link to

http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/International/Africa/Cameroon/Cameroon.aspx

Hope this helps.

If anybody knows of a way for an international school to purchase
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill texts, please let me know.

-Wes Loewer
Rosslyn Academy
Nairobi, Kenya

====