Topic: Dump variables to workspace
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 6:58 PM

Peter Russo

Re: Dump variables to workspace

ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <9dd60f7e-7dac-4abd-8641-b24f1532e46e@m13g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>...
> On Apr 15, 3:16 pm, "Peter Russo" <peter.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to debug some code, and would love to be able to dump the active variables into the workspace at a certain point so I can mess around with them. Is this possible? Thanks

> What workspace? The "base" workspace? If you have a script, your
> variables are in the base workspace. If you're inside some function
> you're executing, then they are in the private workspace of just that
> function. Regardless, you can "mess around with them" in several
> ways, such as just setting them to a new value in the command window
> once you've stopped at a breakpoint. Or you can double click on the
> variable in the workspace panel and then when it shows up in the
> Variable editor worksheet, you can type in a new value for it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have a function that I am working on, and I'd like it to export the variables it's working with (i guess that would be the private workspace?) into the workspace you can access from the command line (base workspace?). Now that i'm thinking about it i guess I could use "save" to save the variables to a file, then load them back in, but it would be easier if they could go straight from one workspace to another. Thanks