Topic: Dump variables to workspace
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 6:58 PM

Peter Russo

Re: Dump variables to workspace

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <jmfdgh$f13$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 4/15/2012 3:00 PM, Peter Russo wrote:
>

> > Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have a function that I am working on,
> >and I'd like it to export the variables it's working with (i guess that
> >would be the private workspace?) into the workspace you can access from
> >the command line (base workspace?). Now that i'm thinking about
> >it i guess I could use "save" to save the variables to a file,
> >then load them back in, but it would be easier if they could
> >go straight from one workspace to another. Thanks

> Why do all this juggling around? as ImageAnalyst suggested, just
> stop in the debugger when you step inside the function, then
> you can examin all that function variables from the console
> as if there were in the base workspace. Not only that function,
> but you can go back into the stack frame an examine variables
> in functions that called that function.
>
> --Nasser

Oh, hold on, I just meant that i was trying to find what was wrong with my code. I didn't know that there was an actual debugging mode. From what your saying it sounds like it does what I want though, so I'll definitely look into it further. Thanks