Topic: Geometry as Freshman before Algebra and Algebra 2/Trig
Replies: 16   Last Post: Apr 29, 2012 11:09 AM

sherry

Re: Geometry as Freshman before Algebra and Algebra 2/Trig
att1.html (9.1 K)

Yes factoring was moved.

The elementary and intermediate tests contain both questions based on the 2005 curriculum and field test questions. Since next year is common core, these field test questions are based
on the common core. That is why we have 3 days of testing this year. Two days of Multiple Choice and one of extended response.

The students expressed their frustration with being asked questions they had no clue how to do. At least there was enough time so that they could
finish.

It is hard to know who is watching the store since these tests are secure and can not be talked about. Who is making sure the questions they are counting are
appropriate.

ELA has had several problem questions that made it to the media.

Off for day 2 of 3 for math and day 5 of 6 for all the testing.