Topic: oceanography, thermocline
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 3, 2012 11:40 PM

steffi

Re: oceanography, thermocline

TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <1280382.1474.1335513431656.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbsw19>...
> On Friday, April 27, 2012 7:40:12 PM UTC+12, steffi wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm glad I joined this community with so many experts.
> >
> > I have monthly data (in situ) consist of depth, salinity, and temperature. My purpose are to make vertical profiles and to determine the thermocline layers.
> > I do not know how to build Matlab script for thermocline layers. I hope someone can help me.
> >
> > Many thanks.

> A good start would be:
> plot(T,depth)

I already draw the plot using Matlab.
The problem is I confused how to formulate a matlab script to determine the thermocline layers. I use the theory that when temperature decrease 0,1 deg C per 1 m it called thermocline (based on Tomzcak, 2004). Any idea how to build it?

Cheers.