Topic: Order of State Tests 3-8
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 27, 2012 11:41 AM

Prehn, Lynn M.

RE: Order of State Tests 3-8
att1.html (7.3 K)

I put this out to the listserve last year as unfair.

I received very few responses, only one if memory serves.

It is an injustice. Math always seems to take a back seat to Reading/Literacy/ELA. Maybe we need more names for math so it will sound just as important!

Lynn Prehn
Galway Central Schools

From: owner-nysmsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nysmsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Peter Mechalke
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 9:58 AM
To: nysmsmath@mathforum.org; Caryl Lorandini; nyselmath@mathforum.org; nyscollmath@mathforum.org; nysmhs@mathforum.org
Subject: Order of State Tests 3-8

Hello, I just wanted to put this bug out there and hope people would support me on it. I feel strongly that if NYS is going to test Math & ELA in consecutive weeks that they should vary the weeks, and math should be first next year. I know some kids did less than their best today because they were just really tired of testing. I am going to write this in the comments section of the "what did you think of the tests" survey we get each year, and I hope you all will too. Thanks Pete Mechalke Trumansburg Middle School