* CALL FOR PAPERS - 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, deadline extended till May, 17th.
2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing September 23-26, 2012. Santander, Spain http://mlsp2012.conwiz.dk
The 22nd MLSP workshop in the series organized by the Signal Processing Society MLSP Technical Committee will present the most recent and exciting advances in data analysis for signal processing problems through tutorials, keynote talks, as well as special and regular single-track sessions.
* TOPICS OF INTEREST include but are not limited to:
- Learning theory and techniques - Graphical models and kernel methods - Data-driven adaptive systems and models - Pattern recognition and classification - Distributed, Bayesian, subspace/manifold, and sparsity-aware learning - Multiset data analysis and multimodal data fusion - Perceptual signal processing in audio, image and video - Cognitive information processing - Applications, including: - Speech, audio and video - Music processing - Biomedical imaging - Communications - Bioinformatics and Computational genomics - Social networks - Biometrics - Energy and smart grid
* DATA COMPETITION, supported by Amazon.com
A data and signal analysis competition is being organized. Winners will present their work and receive their award during the Workshop.
Goal: The goal is to select/design a classifier (and any pre-processing systems, including a feature extractor) that correctly classifies a pair of an employee and a resource (a resource can be a computer, a data base, or a data portal etc) into one of two classes: access or non-access. The winner will be the submission that minimize the number of manual access grant/removal operations in the future testing data.
Registration: Registration is not required. However, if you wish to receive important updates on the competition by email then please send a request to the address provided on the web page.
Deadline: Submissions must be emailed to the email address provided at the web page no later than one week after the main conference paper submission deadline, i.e. by May 14, 2012.
Awards: Up to three newest Kindle Fire tablet computers from Amazon will be awarded as prizes. Amazon will support and invite the winners to present their results at Amazon's new SLU headquarter in Seattle, USA.
Data and more details: Available on the competition page.
* PLENARY SPEAKERS
- Martin Wainwright, Univ. California at Berkeley, USA - Francis Bach, INRIA, France - Ali H. Sayed, Univ. California at Los Angeles, USA
* IMPORTANT DATES
- Full paper submission: May 17, 2012 - Notification of acceptance: June 25, 2012 - Advance registration before: July 31, 2012 - Camera-ready paper: August 15, 2012 - Conference: September 23-26, 2012
Authors are invited to submit a double-column paper of up to 6 pages using the electronic submission procedure described at http://mlsp2012.conwiz.dk.
- Accepted papers will be published by IEEE Press and in electronic format.
- Selected papers from MLSP 2012 will be considered for a special issue of The International Journal of Neural Systems (JCR IF 4.2).