Topic: pseudo random image with values -1 and 1 , zero mean and Gaussian distribution
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 7, 2012 7:00 AM

sudesh

Re: pseudo random image with values -1 and 1 , zero mean and Gaussian distribution

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <jo84si$acc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > but I need only two values -1 and 1 randomly in matrix.
> >
> > like this one - [-1 1 -1 1 1 1 -1;
> > 1 -1 1 1 1 -1 1]
> >
> > no zeros or other value. Along with property of zero mean of whole matrix.

> So what is the connection with "Gaussian distribution" ? Don't use the vocabulary that you wasn't sure the meaning.
>
> To generate {-1 +1}, equally distributed simply use RAND()
>
> 2*(rand(2,7) > 0.5) - 1
>
> Bruno

ahh, you saved me....
Thanks a lot!
but still the resulting matrix does not have zero mean.
I tried this-

>> a=2*(rand(2,7) > 0.5) - 1;
>> mean(a(:))

ans =

-0.5714

Also, about the gaussian distribution, Ijust quoted the research paper's statement.