Topic: 3D registration: rigid and nonrigid
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 10:47 AM

Anu

Re: 3D registration: rigid and nonrigid

"Ahja " <natus@online.de> wrote in message <joj695$hga$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello MATLAB community,
>
> I hope you can help me and give me some advice.
>
> I have got two 3D image data sets (dimensions approximately 300x300x500) and two sets of coordinates of corresponding control points (respectively landmarks) in the two image data sets.
>
> I want to register the second image data set to the first image data set. As a start, the registration can be rigid, but the ultimate goal is that I have got a non-rigid registration.
>
> Question to rigid registration:
> I know the rotation matrix and the translation vector, which best map the coordinates of the control points in the second image data set to the coordinates of the control points in the first image data set.
> Now, I want to apply this rotation and translation on the second image data set, so that it is registered to the first image data set. I found the function "rigid3D.m" in the MATLAB file exchange. It works, but it is very slow.
> I know that the functions "maketform" and "tformarray" should be faster. But how can I use maketform to create a transformation with a simple 3D rotation matrix and a 3D translation vector? Can anybody post exemplary code???

Hai,

I have somehow a similar problem of aligning a point set to another point set so tht they r aligned in a common coordinate standard or on the same axis. Cn you help me on this matter.