Topic: Regenst Exams and grading
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jun 6, 2012 11:51 PM

Westendorf, Neal

RE: Regenst Exams and grading
att1.html (9.2 K)

I completely agree with Tom. I can't imagine grading high stakes exams
for other disciplines nor having them attempt to do mine. I have a
major problem with the expense and time required to get them to and from
another school or some sort of regional grading center in a timely
manner. Who is paying for all of this? If the powers that be trust us so
little that we can't grade our own exams objectively and honestly, then
so be it. The exams should stay in school and other members of our dept
grade my papers and so on.

As an aside, I would like to have a long chat with those in our
profession who have created this mess in the first place. Grade the
papers objectively and fairly, period. Thanks a lot for the erasures
and changes and whatever else you did that got us to the point where I
and my colleagues are guilty until proven innocent!

Neal

Taconic Hills

From: Steven Fenton
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 05/20/2012 06:19PM

I am talking about grading the parts of the regents exam that is
not multiple choice. When we were grading the assessments; teachers were
not allowed to score their own students. Members of the math department
have expressed reservations about the level of material to be graded on
the Geo and Trig Regents - I can only imagine what a teacher of another
discipline will go through when directed to grade a math regents.

*
* Read prior posts and download attachments from the web
archives at

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 0nHcmjeNt) is spam:
Spam:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0nHcmjeNt&m=894d594b78e2&t=20120
520&c=s
Not spam: