Topic: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Replies: 171   Last Post: Jun 10, 2012 10:16 AM

RedAcer

Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem

On 27/05/12 08:23, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Schoolboy cracks age-old maths problem
>
> The Local
> May 23, 2012
>
> A 16-year-old schoolboy has solved a mathematical problem
> which has stumped mathematicians for centuries, a
> newspaper report said. The boy put the historical
> breakthrough down to ?schoolboy naivety.?
>
> Shouryya Ray, who moved to Germany from India with his
> family at the age of 12, has baffled scientists and
> mathematicians by solving two fundamental particle
> dynamics problems posed by Sir Isaac Newton over 350
> years ago, Die Welt newspaper reported on Monday.
>
> Ray?s solutions make it possible to now calculate not
> only the flight path of a ball,

First thing I did in applied maths when I was 16. Easy.

> but also predict how it
> will hit and bounce off a wall.

Second thing I did. Easy.

> Previously it had only
> been possible to estimate this using a computer, wrote
> the paper.

?
You need to specify in more detail what the exact problem was. As stated
the solutions are easy and known to every schoolboy.

Date Subject Author
5/27/12
Read Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Giga
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Romanise
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Bret Cahill
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Thomas Nordhaus
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
fanabba
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
[...]
lifeisfreedom
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
lifeisfreedom
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
5/29/12
Read Dishonest behavior in extreme
Romanise
5/29/12
Read Re: Dishonest behavior in extreme
Helmut Wabnig
5/30/12
[...]
Read Doubt if Adridam Bandicoot can bring back all sheep anyone entrusts
him to take out to graze
Romanise
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
herbert glazier
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
hanson
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
hanson
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Tom Potter
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Androcles
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Aielyn
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/31/12
Read Best Monkey can do
Romanise
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Guest
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Monkey becomes Bandicoot's Kaamadhenu, the cow that gives whatever
you wisj
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Monkey becomes Bandicoot's Kaamadhenu, the cow that gives whatever
you wish
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Bandicoot Circus : Impresario Monkey
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Lady Kaka marries Bandicoot
Romanise
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/5/12
Read Must be Lady Kaka
Romanise
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/2/12
Read Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
Romanise
6/2/12
Read Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
dmjoshi1@gmail.com
6/2/12
Read Re: Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
Zinnic
6/4/12
Read Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/5/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Romanise
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Romanise
6/9/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/9/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/10/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/10/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/10/12
Read Amoeba has given up on Monkey, instead itself will metamorphoses in
to J K Rowling
Romanise
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Bappa
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/7/12
[...]
6/8/12
[...]
Read Getting recognized as Monkey is helluva RECOGNITION
Romanise
6/10/12
[...]
TruthSlave
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
root
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
mike3
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Aielyn
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Immortalist
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
donstockbauer@hotmail.com
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/29/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Mike Terry
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Frederick Williams