Topic: THE HALT() PROOF IS THE GREATEST ERROR OF MANKIND IN ALL HISTORY!!!
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 31, 2012 5:53 PM

INFINITY POWER

On May 30, 11:58 am, Peter Olcott <OCR4Screen> wrote:

> Although the above question is not itself the Halting Problem, the above
> question *IS* the only reason why the self-reference form of the Halting
> Problem has no solution. Because of this the self-reference form of the
> Halting Problem *IS* entirely based on an ill-formed question.

Spot On!

We're not breaking the Halting Conjecture!

The Halting Conjecture is merely a moronic statement that we already knew
about a Halt function that works on every function except itself.

THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE

1 SPECIFICATION
2 SCOPE
3 DESIGN
4 PROGRAMMING
5 TESTING
6 DOCUMENTATION
7 HANDOVER
8 MAINTENANCE
9 FOLLOW UP

***************************

STEP 1 - SPECIFICATION

A HALT FUNCTION that determines whether a program being tested will Halt or
not.

***************************

STEP 2 - SCOPE

CONSIDER:
10 IF (HALT(MY-GODEL-NUMBER()) THEN GOTO 10

Test Harness must remain separate from Test Program

**************************

STEP 3 - DEFINITION

Turing went straight to STEP 3 and put his foot in his mouth!

Peter, everybody here has cotton wool in their ears!

Lousy mathematicians concoct 'proofs' of the 'impossible' tasks they could
never program themself!

Herc

--
No, I just don't think that the relativity of mathematical truth
is a mathematical topic. It's just something to say. DARYL (SCI.LOGIC)

http://freewebs.com/namesort/matheology/THE-HAMMER.jpg