Topic: Indexing Images from For Loop Import
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jun 6, 2012 2:48 PM

Jeff

Re: Indexing Images from For Loop Import

If your images are truly grayscale, you can collapse them from 3 dimensions to 2. There are many ways to check this, but a nice interactive way is using imtool's Pixel Region functionality.

The reason for this is that imread will interpret some image formats (i.e. tiff, jpg) as RGB images even when they are intended to be intensity images. They are represented as a mxnx3 dimension array, with the third dimension containing red, green and blue intensity values...which should be identical if they are grayscale images.

In your code below, you can do this with something like the following:
sequence(:,:,1) = I(:,:,1);