The Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by NCTM or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » Math Topics » geometry.research

Notice: We are no longer accepting new posts, but the forums will continue to be readable.

Topic: What is this type of description called?
Replies: 0  

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List  

Posts: 2
From: St. Louis, MO
Registered: 6/8/12
What is this type of description called?
Posted: Jun 11, 2012 2:05 PM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have a data set with n number of points.
I connect the points with lines and measure their lengths and now have n-1 lengths.
I measure the angles between the lengths and now have n-2 angles.
I use these lengths and angles to describe a set of points.
I can use the lengths and angles to distinguish between two sets of points.
I wish to find out more about this type of analysis, but do not know what it is called.
Any help is appreciated.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© The Math Forum at NCTM 1994-2018. All Rights Reserved.