Topic: Reposition 3D plane slice
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 15, 2012 5:22 PM

Myles

Reposition 3D plane slice

"Matt J" wrote in message <jrd9c5$hap$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Matt J" wrote in message <jrd7ph$a7s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > you can rotate all the points into the xy-plane as follows
> >
> > u=cross(Ztilt, [0 0 1]);
> > deg=asind(norm(u));
> >
> > NewPoints = AxelRot(YourPoints, deg, u);

> Here, Ztilt is the normal to your original 3D plane. NewPoints will be 3D but you can ignore the z-coordinates (they should all be the same).

I've managed to plot everything again - but it doesn't look right. The shapes are preserved, but none of them are lying in just the x-y axis, they've all still changed in the z direction as well. Is this perhaps because my assumption that x0 = [0 0 0] is incorrect?