Topic: How can you enlarge a matrix by adding zeroes
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jun 19, 2012 12:22 PM

Greg Heath

Re: How can you enlarge a matrix by adding zeroes

On Jun 15, 5:43 pm, "Ellen " <see.me.t...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. Clearly that doesn't make sense worded like that. Let's say I have a matrix
> [1;2;3;4;5]
> But I want to to have dimensions 1x10. How could I fill the matrix up so that it is now
> [1;2;3;4;5;0;0;0;0;0]
> if I didn't know that the matrix originally had a dimension of 1x5. I only knew it had a dimension somewhere between 1x1 and 1x10.
> If that is even possible. Or if that even makes sense. Thanks!

Incorrect notation: those matrices are column vectors, not row
vectors.

Therefore the dimensions are 10x1 and 5x1. Use dpb's syntax: [1:5]',
etc

Hope this helps.

Greg