Topic: operating a toy using computer interface
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 17, 2012 5:27 PM

Frank

Re: operating a toy using computer interface

"Dave " <dbrucedev@gmail.com> wrote in message <jrl5rf$lk$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Star Strider,
>
> I've gone through the links shared by you.
> I can use either matlab or simulink as a software to control the hardware.
> Coming to hardware, instead of buying (like LEGO MINDSTORMS ) can't I construct a toy kind of thing which can move in x,y and z directions.
> The point is, I want to minimize the cost as much as possible.
>
> Could you suggest me in this regard.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Dave

I'll refer you to MATLAB Hardware Resources page (http://www.mathworks.com/academia/hardware-resources/) so you can decide among those options what hardware will best do what you want. MATLAB supports all of them, and there appears to be a community of users (as well as MATLAB Tech Support and the hardware manufacturers) who can help you if you have problems.

It will likely _not_ be less expensive in either time or money to build your own hardware interface card from components and then make it work with your motors.