Topic: Looking for a simple free calculator
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:59 AM

W. eWatson

Re: Looking for a simple free calculator

On 6/19/2012 1:36 PM, amzoti wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:15:43 AM UTC-7, W. eWatson wrote:

>>> I use Microsoft Mathematics alot. It's intuitive and has all you ask for and more.
>>>
>>> KON

>> Is it now free. I tried in 2010, and it wasn't.
>
> It appears to be: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15702

I installed it, 64-bit Win7. If I enter -2.5*log(100000.0+18589), it
produces some decimal output and a result that reorganizes the input
expression. Typing in some expressions seems to get one into integrate
or graphics mode. This does not seem like a comfortable tool. Typing in
pi gives output false! Following it with r=3 gives a solution and a
choice to plot or store variable. If I don't store it, and enter pi*r,
it offers to differentiate or integrate. Storing r=3 and then entering
pi*r works OK. Just a little weird. Help might very useful. Not a
comfortable learning curve.