Topic: Help with understanding outliers
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jun 23, 2012 5:52 PM

Snit

Re: Help with understanding outliers

On 6/23/12 5:22 AM, in article btr4t6nrpi.fsf@news.eternal-september.org,
"Hadron" <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tattoo Vampire <sitting@this.computer> writes:
>

>> Onion Knight wrote:
>>

>>> I am not a math person
>>
>> You're not a person. You're a sock puppet. =)

> He must be.

No, he need not be.

> No one would read all that repetitious bullshit from Snit
> time and time again.

The you say cc and Carroll are both my socks. Right? In the past Carroll
has used socks to "back" me... then they become stupid. He has done this to
try to discredit me. At first I thought Onion Knight might be one of his
socks... but now I take Onion Knight at his word: he is yet another person
Carroll attacked and he knows the history of Carroll and I from CSMA. He is
calling Carroll out on his BS... and cc since cc is acting as a Carroll
shill at this point (or, at the very least, they are co-trolling).

With that said, I do not agree with how Onion Knight is responding to
Carroll. I have stated so on several occasions. He is acting in a way I do
not approve - so I guess your idea is I am doing things I do not approve of
and are completely out of character for me in another name.

It is idiotic.

The bottom line in this is I enjoy helping cc dig himself holes. It might
be a weird hobby, but watching cc show how amazingly ignorant he is - while
he *pretends* to be knowledgeable is a fun thing for me to do. It is fun
because of how dishonest and angry and vicious cc is.

* cc has been wrong about outliers (or, at best, is arguing a very
subjective view)

* cc has been wrong about specific depictions of sigma lines (claiming they
are fine when they are not)

* cc has been wrong about the general way one can visually see where sigma
lines should be draw

* cc has been wrong in his denial of the data showing an increase in Linux
usage during the latter half of 2011

* cc as been wrong in claiming that the use of a process that pushes a
higher R^2 value necessarily means a linear trend line is a better fit for
non-linear data.

On and on and on. In almost every one of his claims cc has been flat out
wrong. But Carroll, knowing cc is arguing against me, will back cc to the
end of time. And Onion Knight, Kaba, and others have noted how absurd their
claims are.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>