Topic: Re: 7th grade math
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Virginia Kuryla

Re: 7th grade math

I did the survey before posting before and I've asked everyone I know to comment also. You don't have to teach math to comment. There's even a box for parents. I'm hoping that if more people respond to specific language, State Ed will notice and revise it's interpretations.

Please look at 7th grade even if you feel that the questions at your grade level were reasonable. Also, grab your copy of the standards when you're looking at the questions and check to make sure the commentary agrees with your view of the standard keeping in mind where concepts are introduced may be different than in the past. I spoke with another teacher in my building who'd looked at her grade level immediately and printed the rest to look at later. I asked her to consider looking at the other levels sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Ginny Kuryla

>>> Iva Jean Tennant 06/23/12 9:00 PM >>>

I will echo this request. There are several places for you to tell exactly what you think and if you continue with the survey, you can go question by question and even have the opportunity to tell how you would have changed the question. Please take time to do this survey.
Thanks

Iva Jean Tennant
President of Association of Mathematics Teachers of NYS
Past President of AMTST
People to People Student Ambassador Delegation Leader