The Math Forum

Topic: Matheology § 049
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jun 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com

Re: WM's Matheology § 049

On Jun 26, 3:56 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <d3322ea2-e67e-4dc5-8e32-ebc40b0dd...@l17g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > You're the one who preaches about the rules used to create sequences
> > > and
> > > sets. In your problem you create the sequence of intervals according
> > > a rule. Yet, in all of your subsequent discussion you completely
> > > ignore
> > > the rules used to generate the set.

> > And that prevents that you can pinpoint any point where the change
> > from countably many intervals to uncountably many intervals could
> > occur. By simply continuous sliding of points I defeat your tricks.

> nonsense!
>
> In the first place, WE neither need nor use any "tricks". We merely use
> standard mathematics and standard logic.
>
> On the other hand, WM DOES use tricks: All sorts of false logic,
> incomplete arguments claimed to be complete, and repetition of false
> arguments as if repeating them will mak them any les false.
>

> > Can you blame me of non-mathematical action?
>
> In a mathematical discussion, what need is there for your
> non-mathematics and anti-mathmatics?
>

> > No! If the configuration
> > of intervals I_n constructed according to the rules (that I have
> > specified), then it can also come into being by a continuous process.

> It has not yet been shown to come into being by any
> continuous process, nor has it been shown that, even if it could, that
> would make it behave in the impossible ways that WM claims it should.

Note his underhanded use of the term "continuous". I predict that he
is going to use that as a way to claim that the cardinality of the
number of intervals (or whatever) must be countable also in the limit.
He has just enough mathematical knowledge to be a danger to himself
and plenty of attitude to be a danger to others.